#78 See, Retirement Planning Can Be Fun!
I've been hacked!!!! To prove that talking retirement planning doesn't have to be dull, Joe Saul-Sehy from the Stacking Benjamins Show hacked into this week's show.
We were all set for another super serious retirement planning show when Joe from Stacking Benjamins hacked in and took over. Evidently Joe thought I was getting a bit too serious and wanted to lighten up the show a bit. Although he made every attempt to suck the wisdom from the show, I was able to sneak in some great retirement planning lessons as he told stories, ranted and joked about personal finance.
If you listen closely, you'll see there's some great lessons about:
- Financial Pornography: The dangers of listening to financial news.
- How everyone is marketing something.
- Everyone presents themselves as financially savvy.
- Why not to believe your friends investing stories.
- Don't count on your advisor to predict the future.
- The true role of an excellent financial advisor.
- Why humility is key to making good financial decisions.
- Joe admits his worst financial decision.
- How to judge the competency of your financial advisor.
As light-hearted as Joe is, he really knows his stuff. If you're looking for an entertaining personal finance show, check his out here.
Tell Me What You Think
Joe thinks I'm too serious in my show. Joe's a good friend and I respect him. You're a friend to so I'd love to get your feedback.
- What do you like most about the show?
- What would you change?
- Is my show too serious?
- Would you like to hear more about current events and the markets?
- Is it too long (or too short)?
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Roger’s YouTube Channel - Roger That
BOOK - Rock Retirement by Roger Whitney
3-video Series: 5 Minute Retirement Makeover
Roger’s Retirement Learning Center
The Retirement Answer Man Facebook Page