#61 Want to Retire? Why Smart Isn't Enough
If you want to retire and are looking for guidance, don't just find someone smart. There are plenty of smart advisors with plenty of smart ideas. It's been my experience that smart by itself, isn't enough. If you want to retire successfully, it's better to seek out wisdom.
[Tweet "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know that just ain't so."]
In this episode, I discuss some of the value a wise advisor can bring to your financial life. Including:
- Finding blind spots in your retirement plan
- Bring perspective learned from walking the journey with others on the same path
- Creative solutions to your unique life
- Manage emotions that can derail the best laid plan to retire
- Diligence to help you address the right issues
- Consistent communication to assure the right conversations happen in the right frequency so you can make adjustments as your life unfolds
One question I had is if the Monte Carlo model factors in the different investment bucket assumptions. My assumption is it assumes the regular draw out amounts occurs evenly between the buckets in good times and bad. If this is the case then not drawing on the equity bucket during bad time will help to increase the likelihood of not running out of money in retirement. Please clarify. Thanks, Monte.
Great observation, Monte. How you manage drawing from your assets during retirement is critical. Do it wrong and you could seriously handicap your chances of maintaining your lifestyle. In this episode, I answer your question directly.
How to manage drawing from your assets during retirement is one of the most common questions I get. To help you understand, it will be the focus of my next webinar.
How to Manage Cash Flow in Retirement Webinar
During the webinar I'll show you how to:
- Draw from your assets for income
- Set up and manage your cash flow reserve buckets
- Manage cash flow during down markets
- Evaluate the best strategy for you
[calendar_date style="1" month="May" calendar_bar_color="%23ff0000" day="26" full_date="Tuesday%2C%2026th%20May" time_1="2%3A00%20pm" timezone_1="CST"]
[button_2 color="red" align="center" href="https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2818602821725961217" new_window="Y"]Click Here to Register[/button_2]
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Roger’s YouTube Channel - Roger That
BOOK - Rock Retirement by Roger Whitney
3-video Series: 5 Minute Retirement Makeover
Roger’s Retirement Learning Center
The Retirement Answer Man Facebook Page